Handmade carpets are a fascinating subject, since you are always learning something new. On every buying trip, we see rugs that break the mould: weavers experimenting with colours or designs that do not conform to their traditions; antique carpets of timeless beauty; or the new and exciting carpets from up-and-coming designers on the modern side.
In the links below, we highlight specific pieces in our inventory that we affectionately call "Staff Picks", and we tackle topics of general interest to those wanting to learn more about handmade carpets.
- Staff Pick: Baluch Runner
- Topic: Defects
- Staff Pick: Round Tabriz Mahi
- Topic: Identifying knot counts
- Staff Pick: Unusual Bakhtiari Rug
- Staff Pick: Semi-antique Sarugh
- Topic: Baluchi Rugs
- Topic: Vegetable Dyes